One of your rights under EU law is that you must be informed when your personal data - also known as personal information - is processed (collected, used, stored) by any organisation. You also have the right to know the details and purpose of that processing.
Some of the services offered on our website require the processing of your personal data. In such cases, links are available on those pages directing you to the specific information about the processing contained in the relevant data protection notices.
Your personal data and our website
Personal data are only collected for users logged in to our website or those users who submit abtracts to our website. In thsi case:
- We collect your personal information only to the extent necessary to fulfil a precise purpose related to our tasks.
- We do not reuse the information for another purpose that is different to the one stated.
- We put in place measures to guarantee that your data are kept up-to-date and processed securely.
- Under certain conditions outlined in law, we may disclose your information to third parties, (such as the European Anti-Fraud Office, the Court of Auditors, or law enforcement authorities) if it is necessary and proportionate for lawful, specific purposes.
- You have the right to access your personal information, to have it corrected and the right to recourse; at any time if you believe your data protection rights have been breached.
- We do not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes for which we collected it.
- However, we may keep your information for a longer period for historical, statistical or scientific purposes with the appropriate safeguards in place.